With the average person seeing upwards of 10,000 ads per day, it is more important than ever to elevate your creative to capture the attention of your audience and build lasting connections. Creating highly engaging content, driving top-of-mind awareness, and building lasting impressions is possible with motion design. If you are a business looking for new ways to connect with customers, check out our playbook for motion design below.
Source: School of Motion
What is Motion Design?
Motion design is the use of animation or visual effects to create engaging and informative content. It can be used to create a variety of marketing materials, including:
- Explainer videos: These videos use animation to explain complex concepts in a clear and concise way. They are a great way to educate your audience about your products or services.
- Social media posts: Motion graphics can be used to create eye-catching and engaging social media posts that will help you to stand out from the competition
- Websites: Motion graphics can be used to add visual interest and interactivity to your website. They can also be used to create animated call-to-actions that will help drive conversions.
Source: AnarS Motion
What are the Benefits of Motion Design?
The benefits of motion design? Creating engaging and effective content is only the beginning, it can also:
- Capture attention: In today’s crowded digital landscape, it is more important than ever to be able to capture your audience’s attention. Motion graphics can do just that through animation, visual effects, and sound to create visually appealing and engaging content.
- Explain complex concepts: One of the most helpful ways motion graphics can be used is to explain complex ideas concisely. This is because animation can help break down complex information into smaller, more easily digestible sections.
- Build brand awareness: Motion graphics can be used to build brand awareness by creating visually appealing and memorable content. This content can then be shared on social media and other online platforms, helping to reach a wider audience. This can also help your brand to stand out from the competition and attract new customers.
Source: Creamy Animation
Motion Design Best Practices
If you are considering using motion design in your marketing, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Keep things consistent. Every good brand has a defined color palette and typographic style—motion graphics should be no different. When elements like color, animation style, and timing are consistent across multiple marketing materials, it does three things:
- It creates a sense of visual harmony and makes the piece more aesthetically pleasing.
- It helps users understand the flow of the animation.
- It builds brand recognition, as users will start to associate the style of motion graphics to a company’s brand.
- Don’t go overboard. Not everything needs to be animated or moving all the time. Use just enough movement and elements to keep viewers engaged, but not so much that it becomes overwhelming and distracting. Subtle movements can go a long way.
- Focus on the message. What do you want your motion graphic to communicate? Keep the message simple and straightforward, and make sure all the elements in your motion graphic support that message.
Keeping these tips in mind, you will be able to implement motion design in your digital strategy, effectively boosting awareness, creating connections, and leaving a lasting impression on your target audience. For more information on motion design contact our design experts today!