The “Hyve” in our name is the Finnish word for virtue. We believe in acting virtuously with all the work that we do. Living up to this standard wouldn’t be possible without a crew of employees who believe in doing the right thing—every single time. Doing the right thing for our clients is at the cornerstone of everything that we do.
There’s a reason why our crew and our clients are important values of Digital Hyve: without our diverse crew of marketers, and the clients who are constantly inspiring us to be better every day, there would be no Digital Hyve. Our crew is important, and each member brings a different set of skills to the table while contributing to our company’s culture. We wouldn’t be able to develop measurable and meaningful results for our clients—or have the culture we do—without our employees.
Our Employee Spotlight Series will give you a glimpse of the people responsible for the meaningful work we do!
Introducing Marco, our Digital Marketing Producer!
1. What initially drew you to marketing? What brought you to Digital Hyve?
I took a creative ad writing class in college and absolutely loved it. When I saw there was a job opening at Digital Hyve where I could make ads all day I immediately applied.
2. Which of our values do you identify with the most and why? (DH Crew, Clients, Integrity, Passion, Better Every Day)
The DH Crew. I love the work I do but the crew we have here is what really makes coming to work fun and exciting every day.
3. What does your day to day look like at Digital Hyve?
Some days I’m writing ads and setting up campaigns, other days I’m debating my co-workers on whether cats or dogs or better. It really depends on the day. (Spoiler, the answer is cats).
4. What type of marketing excites you? Why?
Any type of marketing that tells a great story and elicits deep emotion. I really liked the Extra Gum: The Story of Sarah & Juan, commercial. In under a minute they created this emotional story and managed to incorporate their own product into it.
5. The three best words to describe you?
Weirder than most.
6. What motto or personal mantra do you live by?
Just do it. I’ve been told that Nike came up with this first, but I just really love the simplicity of the statement. I use it as a daily reminder to always get out of my comfort zone and just go for it, whatever “it” may be.
7. You come across as a pretty open book, but what’s one thing that people would be surprised to know about you?
When I was younger I had an extreme phobia of fruit. It didn’t matter what kind of fruit it was, if someone in the room was eating fruit I’d beeline it right out of there.
8. Before working at Digital Hyve, what’s the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
The summer after I graduated I moved down to the Virgin Islands and lead eco-tours for a few months. A typical day consisted of hitchhiking to work in the morning, snorkeling with sea turtles in the afternoon, then happy hour on the beach for sunset…. not the worst 3 months of my life.
9. You’ve had some pretty awesome travel adventures since joining Digital Hyve. What has been the most interesting place you’ve travelled to in your life so far?
Dublin, Ireland. Really lively atmosphere filled with outgoing and friendly locals (could’ve been the Guinness). Also, a very beautiful place filled with a lot of history.
10. If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be and why?
A monkey for sure. Never had the pleasure of meeting one, but those guys look like they’re always having a great time.
Looking for more behind the scenes snippets? Keep checking our blog for more Employee Spotlight posts! Have a marketing idea you’d like to discuss? Feel free to contact us! We’re all about creating meaningful and measurable results so you can give your customers the best brand experience.