The “Hyve” in our name is the Finnish word for virtue. We believe in acting virtuously with all the work that we do. Living up to this standard wouldn’t be possible without a crew of employees who believe in doing the right thing—every single time. Doing the right thing for our clients is at the cornerstone of everything that we do.
There’s a reason why our crew and our clients are important values of Digital Hyve: without our diverse crew of marketers, and the clients who are constantly inspiring us to be better every day, there would be no Digital Hyve. Our crew is important, and each member brings a different set of skills to the table while contributing to our company’s culture. We wouldn’t be able to develop measurable and meaningful results for our clients—or have the culture we do—without our employees.
Our Employee Spotlight Series will give you a glimpse of the people responsible for the meaningful work we do!
Introducing Alex McEachron, our Digital Marketing Producer!
1. What initially drew you to marketing? What brought you to Digital Hyve?
I studied Communications at Cortland. Throughout my 4 years I completed many internships, which all involved Marketing and I had so much fun. However, they were more focused on traditional rather than digital marketing, so when I saw an opening for Digital Hyve, I applied not knowing exactly what the digital side entailed. I’ve learned so much in just a little more than a year and I find it so fascinating. It’s incredible what marketing can do for a company!
2. Which of our values do you identify with the most and why? (DH Crew, Clients, Integrity, Passion, Better Every Day)
Passion! I’m a firm believer without passion everything else will fall to pieces.
3. What does your day to day look like at Digital Hyve?
It changes every day depending on what the client wants or needs. Sometimes I’m creating Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn ads. Other times I’m doing keyword research for AdWords or setting up AdWords Campaigns.
4. What type of marketing excites you? Why?
I like anything new that we can apply to any of our clients. Recently, I’ve tried different types of ads and targeting within Facebook, including lead generation ads and look alike audience targeting. It has been a lot of fun to learn and see how they run!
5. The three best words to describe you?
Hard working, positive, strong.
6. We’ve heard you like ice cream…if you could only have one flavor for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7. What’s one thing you absolutely can’t live without?
Burgers & ice cream (can’t pick just one).
8. What motto or personal mantra do you live by?
“Everything happens for a reason.” Extremely cliché, but relevant. There’s always something good that comes out of hard times…you just need to find it!
9. You always come across as a pretty positive person—the upbeat attitude you bring into the office is infectious—but if you’re having a bad day, what’s one thing that can always make you laugh without fail?
10. What do you enjoy doing outside of work when you’re not crushing Facebook Ads and managing AdWords accounts?
Working out, traveling, shopping, eating, and spending time and having fun with the people that mean the most to me!
Looking for more behind the scenes snippets? Keep checking our blog for more of the latest Digital Hyve news and marketing trends. Have a marketing idea you’d like to discuss? Feel free to contact us! We’re all about creating meaningful and measurable results so you can give your customers the best brand experience.